8/07/2013

Five

My baby turns five tomorrow.  Five makes me sad.  I've immensely enjoyed four so much that the very thought of him turning five breaks my heart.  Five is much different than any of the other years.  Five means big things for a little guy!  In a little more than a month, we will begin our daily journey across town by foot where I'll see him off to school.


SCHOOL!  Did you hear that?  He's starting kindergarten!  I really think the second I watch him walk into that building, I'm going to burst into a billion pieces!  My little buddy, who's kept me company and stayed by my side for the last 2 and a half years is going back into someone else's care.  I know he'll be in love with his teacher.  He always is.  He sits up front at library.  At the farm, he was always by Miss. Lidia's side.  Of course he'll be right there by his new teacher too.  I just hope he isn't too overwhelming.

As the summer begins to come to a close, I spend my time reminiscing about the last five years.  I remember the first month of his life like it was yesterday.  It was a cool August very much like the one we are in the middle of.  It seemed that as soon as I'd had him, the beginnings of autumn seemed to be slipping right in.  This year isn't much different, and the very center of my soul is feeling the season change, just as I watch my little man change.  He's putting his preschool years behind him as he turns into a real little boy.  I only hope the time slows down a little bit before it all flashes into memory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

© 2003 - 2010 Caroline Conroy. Please do not steal!