5/15/2013

Exploring the Outside


We've been spending more and more time outside these last few weeks.  Whether we are at the pool getting it ready for it's opening next week or just in our own little backyard, we are out there!  One thing my son really enjoys is visiting the neighbors.  And boy is he lucky!  My neighbors have some fabulous gardens abound!  He gets to explore the nooks and crannies of small city gardens, and I get to gander at all the beautiful plants in them.  I try my hand at gardening, but I'm not nearly as skilled as my amazing neighbors are!

Anyway, one of our neighbors shared with us the most amazing little treasure today.  She took us to her gardening bench where her gardening pots were...and in one of them, was a little nest of baby birds!  Five of them!  Sleeping right on top!  Breathing, and occasionally startling to open their mouths to us!  I made my son promise not to touch them or their nest.  I picked him up and showed him.  His face was aglow!

Peculiar little fellows decided to nest in a terracotta pot!  Go figure!  I'm so glad we got to see them.  We look forward to revisiting them as they grow - but not too often!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

© 2003 - 2010 Caroline Conroy. Please do not steal!